- We comply with all relevant laws, regulations and directions which relate to environmental protection. If no legal requirement exists, we formulate our own standard.
- We support with all means available the preservation of natural resources by economizing the use of materials and by recycling waste.
- We use energy carefully and economically for our buildings, for our manufacturing activities and for the services that we provide.
- We use only safe and environmentally-acceptable installations for our manufacturing processes. We take all steps to ensure safety, health and environmental protection.
- We develop products and procedures that are safe, conserve energy, have a minimum impact on the environment and, where possible, permit recycling.
- We give preference to suppliers who are both competitive and ecologically conscious. We expect suppliers to comply with our environmental policy.
- We instruct our employees in the fundamentals of environmental matters so that they act both in a creative and ecologically responsible way.
- We proactively support open cooperation with public authorities and institutions, and with industrial associations and other non-governmental organisations.
- We regularly collect and publish data about the use of resources, about the emissions and waste material produced by our activities, and about the associated risks.
In 2009 management has defined the following environmental goals for the years 2010-2014 (emanating from year 2009):
- Reduction of energy consumption (electricity and fossil fuels) by 10% (relative to Cost of Goods Sold)
- Reduction of CO2- emissions by 10%
- Increase percentage of renewable energy by 5%
- Optimisation of resources for transport
- Increase of recycling of our waste products worldwide