Leica Geosystems Announces SmartWorx Viva v4.0 at INTERGEO 2011: Exciting New Features for Viva Total Station and Viva GNSS
27 September 2011
(Heerbrugg/Nuremberg, 27 September 2011) – Leica Geosystems is pleased to announce version 4.0 of the easy-to-use Leica SmartWorx Viva onboard software being available in November 2011. This new version is packed with exciting new features to make data collection and stakeout even simpler and even more productive.
Leica Geosystems is committed to continually improve and extend Leica SmartWorx Viva surveying software. Ever since the initial launch of SmartWorx Viva in November 2009 there has been two major releases each year. This is again the case - six months after the release of SmartWorx Viva v3.5 there is now available SmartWorx Viva v4.0.
Alastair Green, Program Manager at Leica Geosystems says “We have been extremely busy gathering wishes and ideas from our users for new features within SmartWorx Viva. It is this feedback which influences the new functionality we add to our software. I am very happy to say that even in the short time frame of 6 months we have added an incredible number of new features.”
The new features in SmartWorx Viva v4.0 include the following:
- Leica Exchange: Leica Geosystems Trusted Services is extended with the introduction of Leica Exchange. This allows data to be transferred between field users and office users. Objects such as jobs, code lists and coordinate systems are recognised and automatically places in the appropriate locations making data transfer very simple
- 3D data overlay: Points, lines and areas which have been surveyed are now overlaid onto the live video produced by the wide-angle camera of the TS11 and TS15 imaging total stations
- Improved remote viewing of the TS wide angle camera with CTR16/RH16 radios: Together with a Viva CS Field Controller (with the new CTR16 radio) and a TS15 Imaging Total Station ( with the new RH16 radio handle) it is now possible to see what the total station sees with a 10Hz update rate.
- Panoramic image capture: When using a TS15 Imaging Total Station it is now possible to capture a “panoramic” image. The area over which the panoramic image should be captured is defined and the total station then captures the appropriate number of images, stitches them together and stores one panoramic image
- Improved lock at short distances: The lock performance of the TS15 total station is now greatly improved especially when working at short distances from the total station
- Extensions to pop-up menus and Drawing toolbar: Within many maps it is now possible to select multiple objects from the map. Tapping and holding then presents a pop-up menu containing options depending on the objects selected. Additionally a drawing toolbar has been added which allows line and area objects to be easily surveyed
- Using GS08 and GS12 GNSS Sensors as RTK base stations: It is now possible to use the GS08 and GS12 GNSS Sensors as RTK base stations
- And much, much more…
Leica SmartWorx Viva software was designed with simplicity in mind by using clear graphics, logical menu structures, non-technical terminology and simplified workflows. For this reason it has become incredibly popular amongst a wide range of measurement professionals – from “occasional” surveyors who may only need to measure or stake-out points once or twice a week to “power users” using Leica Viva equipment every day.
More information at: http://www.leica-geosystems.com/SmartWorx_Viva
About Leica Viva...let us inspire you
Leica Viva is a new generation surveying system that combines the latest state-of-the-art technologies into an unrivalled portfolio of total stations, GNSS receivers, controllers and onboard software to meet the daily challenges for all positioning tasks.
Encompassing innovative, feature rich functionality with a new, modern and ergonomic design, Leica Viva is an easy and intuitive to use surveying system providing speed and precision.
Leica Geosystems – when it has to be right
With close to 200 years of experience pioneering solutions to measure the world, Leica Geosystems products and services are trusted by professionals worldwide to help them capture, analyze, and present spatial information. Leica Geosystems is best known for its broad array of products that capture accurately, model quickly, analyze easily, and visualize and present spatial information.
Those who use Leica Geosystems products every day trust them for their dependability, the value they deliver, and the superior customer support. Based in Heerbrugg, Switzerland, Leica Geosystems is a global company with tens of thousands of customers supported by more than 3,500 employees in 28 countries and hundreds of partners located in more than 120 countries around the world. Leica Geosystems is part of the Hexagon, Sweden.
Director Marketing Communications
Leica Geosystems AG
Tel: +41 71 727 3131
|Leica SmartWorx Viva Field Software v4.0|
|Points, lines and areas which have been surveyed are now overlaid onto the live video produced by the wide-angle camera of the Leica Viva TS11i and TS15i Imaging Total Stations.|
|The image can be used for notes and sketches.|
|When using a TS15 imaging total station it is now possible to capture a “panoramic” image. |