Leica Geosystems values its role in society and helps improve the quality of life of its employees, their families and the communities around them. We put employee satisfaction first and offer our employees attractive working conditions so that they may enjoy their jobs to the fullest, and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
The basic principles we apply to behave responsibly in society are made evident in our Corporate Social Responsibility Policy with the following principles:
General Obligation/Human Rights
We respect the relevant laws and standards of business conduct and support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights.
We make sure that we aren’t involved in human rights abuses, meaning we don’t engage in nor benefit from war crimes, crimes against humanity and other violations of humanitarian law.
Rights of Workers
- We uphold the freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining.
- We don’t support or accept any form of forced or compulsory labour.
- We respect the right of children to be protected from economic exploitation and as a fundamental principle don’t employ children or support the use of child labor.
- We offer equality of opportunity and treatment to all employees for the purpose of eliminating discrimination based on race, colour, gender, language, religion, political opinion, disability, age – except for children – or other status of the individual unrelated to the inherent requirements to perform the job.
- We provide workers with remuneration that meets or exceeds market standards.
- We comply with applicable laws and industry standards on working hours, including over-time.
- We don’t accept any mental, physical or verbal abuse and maintain equitable procedures to deal with employee grievances and disciplinary practices.
- We respect employee privacy.
- We uphold the highest standards in business ethics and act in accordance with fair business, marketing and advertising practices.
- We don’t engage in any form of corruption, including extortion and bribery.
- In evaluating our major suppliers and partners we regard their ability to meet the requirements of the CSR Policy.
- We contribute to community within the scope or our capabilities especially where we can support with our products and know-how.