Our health and safety management systems are integrated into our overall Management System. Each subsidiary of Leica Geosystems has nominated its own health and safety representative since the legal requirements differ from country to country. The representative informs and supports the managers in taking the necessary health and safety measures. Fortunately, we have a very low accident rate.
Our Policy for Workplace Safety and Health Protection
Leica Geosystems is committed to prevent accidents at work and occupational illnesses and to ensure the workplace safety and the health protection of its employees.
- Appropriate arrangements and preventive measures are met, which correspond to the national regulations, the recognised safety-relevant rules and guidelines according to industrial medicine. In order to achieve this the means and necessary structures are made available.
- The employees are trained in the prevention of accidents at work and occupational illnesses. They are consulted as partners and obliged to co-operate and actively support industrial safety. The staff committee is involved in various aspects of safety and health management.
- The employees receive the necessary, suitable and operational personal protection equipment. They are obliged to use these in a correct way.
- The technical equipment, machinery and workplace arrangements function correctly, correspond to the state-of-art and conform to the national laws. Accordingly, the suppliers are obliged to deliver products, machinery and services which correspond to the safety-relevant requirements. The contracting parties working on-site are obligated to follow the given operational safety standards.
- Products are developed and issued which meet the appropriate national safety regulations and the European and international standards. We inform our customers about the safety and health aspects of our products and services in connection with their handling, use and maintenance.
- The employees are openly informed about health and safety aspects and their requests and concerns are taken seriously. We seek and support open co-operation with the authorities and institutions who control the safety and health aspects in the industry. For greater transparency, the enterprises periodically report on goals, measures and improvements in the health and safety aspects.