Leica Geosystems buys a wide variety of indirect materials, semi-finished products and finished goods from its suppliers. The supplier policy outlines what Leica Geosystems expects from its suppliers.
The purchased materials are mainly high precision mechanical and optical parts, sub-assemblies, plastic moulding parts, printed circuit board assemblies and electronic systems, laser components, display and keyboard modules, communication products, cables, software, accessories, auxiliary material, and numerous other goods.
All supplied goods must comply with the rigid specifications established by our own engineers and the high quality standards defined by Leica Geosystems as well as with international and national standards.
Compliance with the supplier policy is considered in the supplier evaluation and selection process.
Leica Geosystems maintains close and ongoing contacts with its main suppliers to ensure quality, continuing optimization and sound business practices. A mutual good and professional cooperation is significant for the success and excellence of both.
As Leica Geosystems is committed to strict adherence to law, uncompromising ethical standards and continuous attention to customer satisfaction it expects the same from its suppliers. Mutually observed values enhance the relationship and help to create value to our customers, society and our investors.
Leica Geosystems promises its customers excellent quality, reliability and innovation and likewise expects its suppliers
- to provide goods and services of excellent quality and high reliability through the implementation of robust processes and state of the art quality management methods
- to maintain sound and efficient business operations in the long-term and offer at worldwide competitive prices
- to ensure on time delivery and take responsibility for the goods and services supplied to Leica Geosystems
- to be an active part in the Leica Geosystems supply chain by participating in required supply processes and ensure high flexibility
- to proactively inform Leica Geosystems in case of any foreseen problems with regards to the supplied products
- to be innovative in technology and commit to continuous improvement and cost reduction
- to ensure excellent skills and competencies by people training and education
- to minimize environmental pollution and set up an environmental management system according to ISO 14001 or equivalent (see our Environmental Policy)
- to respect human rights and live up to the high standards of integrity as described in our Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
- to practice an active Health and Safety Culture as defined in our Health and Safety Policy
- to treat suppliers non-discriminatingly and to consider this Policy in selecting and promoting their own suppliers